Friday, August 31, 2012

Why I Chose An ANR

My very first experience with ANR was with my ex-fiance about 5 years ago, he was obsessed with my breasts (hooray!) and played with them so much that I could express a drop or two of breast milk. At first I thought I was a complete freak but shock turned into curiosity and then I became a detective.

I stumbled upon an article explaining ANRs and it just sent shivers through my whole body reading about the emotional bond, the closeness, the heightened intimacy, etc. That started me on a massive google search of "lactating without pregnancy," and I was astounded at the wealth of information out there. So, I tentatively approached him with the topic and he was completely open to it, excited about it even, and we went about doing a ton of research and started me on drinking tons of water, taking herbs, and using motilium (domperidone) to really kick start the whole process. It was a long one at first, a week in I was still producing just drops but they were white and thick and creamy.

Two weeks in and I was producing maybe a teaspoon, and then finally the glands and ducts switched over and I was able to shoot streams at him; which I did with great delight when he least expected it, or when we were in the shower. We broke up about 2 and a half years ago and so with no one to keep the supply going, my milk went dry. Months later I was introduced to my now current mate and through much talking found out that he was also into lactation. What a relief! And so I went about re-inducing for him using the same process only this time, after about 4 days, I was already streaming.

About a week or two into the process I was already producing 5 ounces a day, but life got in the way and we backed off the ANR (sad me) and my milk dried up again. Now that life has settled back down, and I've expressed that I need this for my happiness, we're back on track with inducing yet again (second time for him, 3rd time for me).

For me, being able to nurse someone is almost unexplainable, but the best way I know how to describe it is: yes, there's eroticism involved because breastfeeding an adult is still primarily taboo in mainstream society, not to mention the let down reflex is almost like a mini breast-gasm. But really, the biggest thing for me (being the altruist that I am) is the idea of caring for someone and nurturing them in a way that no one else in their life does or could. The idea that they're gaining sustenance from something I'm providing from my body as nature intended breasts to be used for.

Another reason is that breastfeeding lowers your chances of having breast cancer, and since it runs in my family (my aunt had a double mastectomy) I would like to take any preventative measures necessary.

ANR and lactating was also a way for me to shed the leftover shame/guilt I had from my pubescent years when, growing up in a hispanic family (the other half is caucasian), I developed very large breasts (I was a 34D by the time my freshman year rolled around) and my mother was very adamant about me not being a "show off" or attracting undesired attention, and so a part of me was ashamed of my breasts. I used to wear minimizing bras and huge tee shirts because I was a beanpole except for my breasts. Years later in college, I was into a 36DD, and of course all the college guys saw one thing when they met me. Years later in my early twenties, I met my ex-fiance who really helped me let go of that past burden and develop a healthier image about my breasts, and so I reveled in them. Now, I'm average weight (5'5", 145 pounds) and in a 36H now, probably as a result of inducing lactation several times, and I LOVE my breasts.

So there are a lot of reasons but the simplest one I can provide is that I love the idea of someone depending on me for something only I can provide, something straight from my body that nourishes them and causes that warm fuzzy feeling. It doesn't have to be erotic to be gratifying.


3 comments:

  1. You sound like every ANR-desiring mans dream woman, Ms Daisy :) Thanks for putting into words exactly why women should desire this too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to eat ur breast milk.are you agree.plz tell me baby.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gostaria de encontrar um.parceiro pra amamentar fixo.que tenha disponibilidade.

    ReplyDelete